Thread: Subtitles

Thanks

Default Subtitles

I've got movies that contain subtitles for foreign language spoken segments, "Die Another Day" is an example. When I selected English for the subtitle language, all of the dialog, whether in English or Korean, was displayed. I only want the foreign language in the subtitle. How do I do this?

Thanks, Mad

Thanks
    Thanked 2,923 Times in 2,269 Posts

There is usually more than one English subtitle for these kinds of movies... how you switch between subtitles one one of these conversions, I have no idea... I've never had that issue come up for my own library.
    My "Little Friends" found out they're illegal and hired a lawyer to claim asylum in the US!

Thanks

Default Subtitles

GaPony:

Thanks for the response. I probably didn't explain the situation properly.

You must have movies that have a spoken foreign language that is translated as text? It is very common. I think of this as subtitles but perhaps that is not the proper term. You resolve this, usually with Handbrake (another conversion program) by setting the Subtitle to auto and check forced subtitle. How do you deal with that situation with 1click?

Thanks again for your help,
    Mad

Thanks

I have several of these movies, I just never put any of them on my iPod. I would guess the subtitles would end up very, very tiny if they kept their proportions to a full sized image.

In any case, I'm running a conversion for Syriana, only because I know exactly where to look for the subtitles. This program may need a selection to keep all subtitles or a mechanism to select a specific subtitle that is present on the disc, as opposed to a generic Englis, French, Spanish, etc. selection.

I'll let you know what I learn.
    My "Little Friends" found out they're illegal and hired a lawyer to claim asylum in the US!

Thanks

Default Subtitles

Thanks, GaPony. Just for the record, I'm using the converter for Apple TV.

Thanks, Mad

Thanks

I see what you mean... For Syriana I either got subs all the time or not at all.

I guess that must be a limitation for 1Click DVD Converter. I think that if the movie was run through another program like 1Click DVD copy, and the correct subtitle was selected during that operation, then it would work correctly, meaning what you want it to do, after converting it to mp4 (or other output format).

The problem for this movie, and likely Die Another Day, which has 3 different English subtitle streams, is that the program has no way of knowing which one you want.

Thanks

Default Subtitles

Thanks, GaPony. It's too bad that the converter doesn't help with that. I mostly use Handbrake and it usually does a good job but is very slow. I like 1 click, but only use it for movies that Handbrake has a problem with because of the subtitle issue.

Mad

Thanks

I think its its just a case of rooting out the one subtitle that you want. 1Click, and most other programs probably select the first English subtitle, which may or may not be the one you want, so pre-processing the movie through 1Click DVD Copy Pro or other similar program would be able to remove the unwanted subtitles, and leave 1Click Converter with only one choice.

There may be another way of doing this, but you'd have to ask the professional tech support folks at support@lgsoftwareinnovations.com.

Thread Information